The Scientific Services Manager is responsible for programme planning, speaker management and abstract management of the international conferences (digital and face2face format) managed by K.I.T. Group. This includes preparation, implementation, follow-up as well as on-site support of all scientific aspects of the event.
- Project management including professional guidance towards our international and national association clients (critical path planning incl. scientific milestones, set-up of the abstract submission system, reviewing system and session planner)
- High-level speakers’ management;
- Coordination of abstract contributors, invited speakers, VIPs and committee members;
- Ensuring all stakeholders keep to deadlines;
- Preparation and implementation of scientific meetings such as programme committee meetings and abstract selection meetings at the side of our association clients;
- Coordination of several individual projects in parallel in close cooperation with other internal divisions;
- Creating presentations for both internal and external use;
- Production of project statistics incl. reporting for billing purposes;
- Processing of CME accreditation with different authorities;
- Creating programme design concepts for new conferences/session formats, scientific meetings and workshops including hybrid options and/or virtual conferences;
- Rehearsals with speakers for onsite and digital meetings;
- Delivery management during the various conferences (digital and/or face2face activity) incl. onsite presence whenever applicable;
- Coordination of letters of reference, client’s satisfaction surveys, testimonials, case studies for marketing and sales purposes.
- Several years of relevant professional experience, e.g. with scientific congress formats and/or trade fairs;
- Experience in project-related work;
- Strong customer and service orientation;
- Excellent administrative skills and communication proficiency;
- Very structured and independent way of working;
- Excellent knowledge of English (native speaker level);
- Diversity competence;
- Sound knowledge of MS-Office;
- Willingness to travel.
- Mobile and in–person office with flexible working hours;
- Opportunity to travel and work with various cultures;
- Attractive office location with very good access to public transport;
- Access to company benefits such as: a subsidy for Urban Sports Club, pension scheme, subsidised BVG company ticket.
We are committed to an open and diverse working environment. That’s why we consider applications based on suitability and skills regardless of gender and gender identity, disability, social and ethnic origin, nationality, religion and belief, age or sexual orientation.
Please send us your CV (without photo) with a short cover letter including your earliest start date and salary expectation to firstname.lastname@example.org