K.I.T. Group was founded in 1986 with its headquarters in Berlin operating as a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO) with representative offices throughout the world. Currently, the company headquarters employs 90 experts from 20 nations. K.I.T. Group is an independent subsidiary of Messe Berlin GmbH.
We continuously search for competent multilingual employees who wish to grow within their profession and to help K.I.T. Group, through their ambitious dedication and commitment, to maintain and even optimize our high standards of quality. With K.I.T. Group GmbH, you can expect a friendly and international team in an engaging work atmosphere.
For our headquarters in Berlin, we are currently looking for a:
Event Manager (Conferences)
The Event Manager for Conferences is the interface between the client and the project team for all operational tasks. In charge of the budget for the conference and overseeing that deadlines are met; the Conference Manager plays a critical and central role in the planning and implementation of the event.
Your Tasks Include:
- Project management activities including preparation and follow-up, as well as on-site support for our high profile and complex international conferences
- Support and advise in the design of the event
- Service provider coordination including both internal and external partners and suppliers
- Interface between all involved internal and external departments, as well as the link to the customer in consultation with the responsible Account Director
- Briefings, preparation of presentations, offer negotiation and operational support including any correspondence internally and externally
- Development of long-term relations with our customers, partners and service providers
- Project-related budget management
- Professional team leadership with regard to project implementation
- Representation of the Account Director in their absence
- Several years of experience in the event industry, e.g. with scientific congress formats and/or trade fairs
- Successfully completed studies or commercial training with appropriate professional experience
- Very good knowledge of French (native speaker level) and English (C-level)
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent analytical skills and communication proficiency
- Very structured and independent way of working
- Team player and willingness to take responsibility
- Performance motivation, negotiation skills and a feeling for excellent quality work
- Diversity competence
- Technology affinity as well as passion for and practical experience with various social media channels and the appropriate IT tools
- High work-load capacity
- Sound knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Willingness to travel
- An exciting position in which you can take on responsibility and further develop your career
- Opportunity to travel and work in various countries and with many cultures
- Flexible working hours and flat hierarchies
- Attractive office location with very good access to public transport
- Access to various offers such as: an active health management, company pension scheme, etc.
If you are interested in working with K.I.T. Group, we look forward to receiving your application.
Please send your relevant documents including your earliest start date and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications for individuals who qualify as severely disabled in the terms of § 2 ABS. 3 of the social code IX are desirable.
K.I.T. Group GmbH