K.I.T. Group, a subsidiary of the Messe Berlin GmbH group of companies, is a global full-service partner for the holistic conception, organisation, marketing and implementation of events of all sizes and formats. As a Professional Conference Organiser (PCO), K.I.T. Group works with numerous international associations and companies from the fields of science, business, politics, culture, and sport to turn our customers’ ideas and visions into reality. We see ourselves as bridge-builders, connectors and enablers and stand for innovative solutions, structured planning, efficient management, and true passion for mutual success.
For our Berlin headquarters, we are currently looking for a
Conference and Event Manager (f/m/d)
The Conference and Event Manager is the interface between the client and the project team for all operational tasks. In charge of the budget for the conference and overseeing those deadlines are met; the position plays a critical and central role in the planning and implementation of the event.
Your Tasks Include:
- All activities related to the face-to-face and digital project management of high profile and complex international conferences from the preparation to the supervision and follow-up. Ranging from:
- Marketing and communication
- Maintenance of the website, eLibrary, etc.
- Compliance monitoring with administrations
- Benchmarking of suppliers
- Coordination with fiscal and local authorities
- Supervision and support of the digital component for webinars, virtual and/or hybrid conference formats
- Venue management
- Designing of RfP and service provider coordination
- Staff allocation
- Onsite coordination
- Support, advise and expertise in the design of the event
- Professional team leadership regarding project implementation
- Interface and coordination between all involved divisions, as well as the link to the customer in consultation with and under the responsibility of the Account Director
- Briefings, preparation of meetings, site-visits, presentations, surveys, SWOT Analysis, reports etc., offer negotiation and operational support including any correspondence internally and externally.
- Project-related budget management
- At least three years of experience in the event industry, e.g. with scientific congress formats and/or trade fairs
- Successfully completed studies or commercial training with appropriate professional experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent analytical skills and communication proficiency
- Confident presentation skills
- Very structured and independent way of working
- Team player and willingness to take responsibility
- Performance motivation, negotiation skills and a feeling for excellent quality work
- Very good knowledge of English and German language (C- level); French language and other foreign languages are an advantage
- Technology affinity as well as passion for and practical experience with various social media channels and the appropriate IT tools
- High work-load capacity and ability to handle demanding and complex project phases
- Experience with printed matters, website management and digital marketing is a plus
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Willingness to travel
- Mobile office (even beyond the pandemic) with flexible working hours;
- Opportunity to travel and work with various cultures;
- Attractive office location with very good access to public transport
- Access to various company benefits such as: a company health management program (e.g. subsidy for Urban Sports Club, prevention offers), pension scheme, BVG company ticket plus subsidy, etc.
We are committed to an open and diverse working environment. Therefore, we consider applications based on suitability and skills regardless of gender and gender identity, disability, social and ethnic origin, nationality, religion and belief, age or sexual orientation.
If you are interested in working with K.I.T. Group, we look forward to receiving your application. Please send us your CV (without photo) with a short cover letter including your earliest start date and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org